Saturday, January 05, 2008

All over the place

Want to know what I was like as a child? Check out Rachel's blog. I'm the not as attractive as Rachel child.

The past couple of days I spent showing Joshua my life pre-this year. We got to watch some really good home videos, and I'm pretty sure we both nearly wet our pants at Natalie's secret little addition to the Sunshine Generation tape. We watched some pretty good Alaina cheerleading, children's attempts at dancing and singing, a weird interpretive dance from Mal and Myself, birthday parties, country line dancing, Mallory's first bad word, birthday parties, Christmases, and jumping on the trampoline. It was a pretty fun trip down memory lane, eh?

I was politely asked to play the piano at a baptism today. It was a Williams affair! Dad conducted the meeting, Mom conducted the music, and I played the piano and messed up less than the number of digits on my hands and feet. It was really cool to be at a baptism, I can't remember the last time I actually went to one. I loved it.


Yesterday we celebrated Joshua's birthday Oregon style. I was anxious to bake so I could wear my brand new cutest apron ever, compliments of Joshua. I pretty much haven't taken it off since, so Amanda and I had to bake a cake today, too.

This red velvet recipe calls for 2 TABLESPOONS of red food coloring. It was so worth it.



Joshua saying a prayer over his birthday cupcake. (not really)



I'm reeeally excited to return to Utah. To play with Alaina, Rachel, and Joshua. Nat, come visit soon??

7 comments:

Rachel Eve said...

Yes, Natalie come visit!

Oh this is a great blog. Your apron is so so cute! I love that Joshua.

I cannot wait to be reunited with you in our lovely little Provo.

Jan said...

We are glad you are leaving...our waistlines CANNOT handle anymore of your cooking!

Jan said...

Actually we will miss the sunshine when you go.....

Alaina said...

Cute apron! And ten points for Josh thinking of such a great present. Amazing. Really.

Does this count as mention 7, 8, 9, and 10 of him, or does one blog = one count?

Alaina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alaina said...

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!!!!

NatAttack said...

Man I really should come visit. My new great plan is to get a job where I can work from home; but by home I mean an extended trip to Utah "working" from home.

I don't know about that red velvet. I'd have to try it to trust that color. Mostly, I just saw Sweeny Todd and the resemblence is a bit too striking...