Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 12

I sort of wish I didn't have to blog "whatever tickles my fancy". It's hard. That's why I stopped blogging. Tomorrow is Josh's last class of his undergraduate career. I sort of wish it was mine, but I'll have to wait another year to experience that. My Exercise and Wellness major has been great for this semester, and I can't wait to take the rest of my classes for this major. I get to take some seriously awesome courses like: Substance Abuse and Addiction Behaviors, Exercise Physiology, Personal Training Strategies, Obesity and Weight Management, and Sports Nutrition. Some of them are gonna be hard, but I can't wait to learn this stuff that I'll actually find interesting. Most of my GE's are done so I'm onto major requirements. I seriously get so excited thinking about some of the classes I have in my future!

Josh and I had two main goals for this year. 1) Learn how to make sushi (accomplished on 1/1/10) and 2) Go to the gym/get 40 minutes of aerobic exercise 4 days a week. The first two months were sorta rough, but we've definitely been getting our 4 days in each week since at least the beginning of March. It's been easy because Mal and I decided to go to a few classes in the mornings. I never thought I'd say it, but I looooove gym classes. I love the instructors and I love learning new things about exercising, and I love the pain after working muscles I didn't know I had. It is so satisfying to see myself and my poor muscles getting stronger. And lest you think it's a weird/gross kind of strong, I'm still probably 1/2 as strong as most women out there. I am a weakling. Ask Josh.

That's all for my fitness. I love exercising. Not running. Exercising.
Enjoy some Calvert Family pictures we just got in the mail.



PS. I forgot to mention I get to take Greek and Roman Mythology. Booyeah.

3 comments:

NatAttack said...

I love this post! It's about the only way I get to hear about your life. Which is amazing BTW.

Andrea said...

I LOVE Greek and Roman Mythology. I took that class my first semester at BYU. Please take it from Huntsman. He is the best. And thanks for the bread again. It's soooo good.

Alaina said...

I love that family picture! Calverts are gorgeous.