Thursday, April 14, 2011

October 15, 2007

I blogged this little list
Reasons why I was a mom this weekend:
1. I made chocolate chip meringue cookies this weekend.
2. I did dishes five times.
3. I made some chocolate fudge type of dessert.
4. Made gourmet chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn.
5. Invited my friends over for a hearty meal on Sunday evening.
6. Did all the dishes from said meal.
7. Vacuumed and mopped the house.
8. 409ed counters everywhere.
9. Bought a pillow at DI with intentions to re-cover it.
10. Re-covered said pillow.

Reason why I am not a mom right now:
1. I made this bragging list.
Nearly four years later I feel like maybe I used to accomplish more in a day than I do now. Yikes. Here's my list of
Reasons why I am a mom right now:
  1. I woke up at 6:30 this morning and didn't even complain about it.
  2. I changed a diaper on the changing table I own in my house
  3. I wrote 700 words of an essay because my son was happy enough to play for 30 minutes this morning
  4. It's 9:07 and I'm awake, blogging, and writing an essay (more the blogging than essaying)
Reasons why I am not a mom right now:
  1. It's 9:09 in the morning and I have already showered for the day.
  2. I am not blogging about my son
Though I absolutely love being a mom, it's not quite as glamorous as I think I once imagined it was. Who has time to make gourmet chicken when there is school to do, babies and husbands to love, laundry to fold, and bodies to get back into shape?

Cheers.

5 comments:

NatAttack said...

"I am not blogging about my son." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funniest thing this week. A+++

Um, pretty sure I'm the least like a mom in the entire world, so I guess that makes sens you know.

Alaina said...

Hahahaha. Your lists are awesome, especially the "already showered" part. I hope to break that trend, too. I'm envisioning at 7:15 am walk every day this summer, are you in?

Aly said...

oh man that would be funny!! danny's is a ls200. it is not in great shape cosmetically, but it runs well enough to get him to work at the mtc and home. were you guys able to get a decent amount of money for yours? where did you trade it? because we're planning on upgrading at least by the end of this year but deciding if it's more worth it to just keep his car for him.

ps your babe is cute!

Alaina said...

I keep checking for a new blog. Just in case you ever wonder if you have any fans out there.

Kelly said...

Kendall! I'm glad you found my blog too so that I could find yours! :p It looks like things are going well and you have a gorgeous fam!! Doesn't it just seem like yesterday we were talking about your 16th birthday? ha!